By John A. Morrow
Date of issue- January 23, 2003
Number in edition- 200
Artist’s proofs- 50
Conservation Edition- 50
Frame size- 18X21
Paper- acid free, McCabe 120#cover
Printed by St. Joseph Printing, Ottawa
In 1615 Samuel De Champlain was the first white man to set foot in this spot in Henderson Harbor, NY. Originally it was called the Bay of Naples because early settlers compared it to the beautiful Bay of Naples in Italy. When William Henderson purchased the town in 1806 he named it after himself. By 1835 Henderson Harbor was a regular port of call for sailing schooners of the day. Henderson started to become a fishing-vacation resort area about 1875. Today Henderson Harbor is considered one of the loveliest resort areas in the country and its fame as “Home of the Black Bass” has spread far and wide.
Reproduced from an original oil painting on hardboard.